The CAAT Plan’s latest annual report, released April 24, details another year’s strong performance. Investment returns of 15.8% in 2017, and 11.4% annualized over five years (both net of investment fees) have helped the funded status of the Plan reach 118%, keeping benefits secure and contribution rates stable.
2017 Performance at a glance:
- 15.8% net investment return in 2017
- 11.4% five-year annualized net rate of return
- $1.1 billion in value added above the policy benchmark over past five years
- $10.8 billion in assets
- 118% funded on a going-concern basis
- $2.3 billion in reserves protect against investment market declines and demographic shocks
The 2017 Annual Report also reviews the decisions made by the Plan governors (guided by the Funding Policy) to secure benefits over the very long term, details on how the Plan invests for sustainability, and an overview of the advocacy efforts on behalf of all members of the Plan and employers.
Learn about the Plan’s activities on your behalf: Read the annual report and watch the video: 2017 Year in review.
Watch the webinar
CAAT Pension Plan CEO Derek W. Dobson discussed the highlights of the Plan’s annual performance and new directions for growing Plan membership for the benefit of all in an April 25 webinar, now available on demand.