Effective June 8, 2019, the Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario (FSRA) assumed regulatory duties of the Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO) and the Deposit Insurance Corporation of Ontario (DICO). All existing regulatory direction remains in force.
The FSRA sets out the process to follow and the forms to be used by you and your spouse/former spouse to obtain the Family Law Value of your pension from the Plan and to instruct us on whether or not your pension will be divided.
Do you work part time or on contract?
Visit the DBplus page to discover how DBplus will maximize the lifetime pensions of OTRFT members.
To Request the Family Law Value of your pension:
- Complete FSRA Family Law Form 1 – Application for Family Law Value
- Complete FSRA Family Law Form 2 – Joint Declaration of Period of Spousal Relationship (if required)
- Complete FSRA Family Law Form 3 – Contact Person Authorization (if required)
- Include required documents as indicated below
- Mail the completed application form and required documents to the CAAT Pension Plan at the address below.
To avoid delays, please make sure your application form is complete and all required documents are included.
Your application form cannot be processed without the following information:
- Pension Plan information (use pre-filled forms available below)
- Part D – Spouse/Former Spouse of the Plan member information
- Part D – Contact Person for the Spouse/Former Spouse (Optional) / FSRA Family Law Form 3
- Part E – Starting Date of Spousal Relationship
- Part F – Separation Date
- Part H – Plan Member/Former Spouse Signature and Date
- Part H – Witness Signature and Date
- Part H – Witness Contact information
Your application form cannot be processed without the following required documents:
- Certified Proof of Plan Member’s date of Birth
- Certified Proof of Spouse/Former Spouse’s date of Birth
- Proof of marriage or start of common-law relationship: Certified copy of Marriage Certificate OR Joint Declaration of Period of Spousal Relationship (FSRA Family Law Form 2)
- Proof of separation date: Certified copy of court order, family arbitration or domestic contract OR Joint Declaration of Period of Spousal Relationship (FSRA Family Law Form 2) OR Appendix A of Application for Family Law Value (FSRA Family Law Form 1)
Within 60 days of receiving your completed application, we will provide both you and your spouse/former spouse (married or common-law) with copies of the Statement of Family Law Value of your CAAT pension. If your application is incomplete, we will request the missing information from you and/or your spouse/former spouse before issuing the Statement of Family Law Value.
Spousal / Marriage Relationship Breakdown Forms
Forms initiated by the member or the member’s spouse/former spouse
FSRA Family Law Form 2 - Joint Declaration of Period of Spousal Relationship / Instructions / Q&A
Forms sent by the Plan to the member’s former spouse
These forms will be included with the spouse’s copy of the Statement of Family Law Value. They are posted here for your information only.
Refer to the webpage Separation or Divorce for further details.