The CAAT Pension Plan’s Secure Document Online Courier, "S-Doc," allows you to share files securely with the CAAT Pension Plan. Use it to send and receive files simply and safely, while protecting the personal and confidential information of members.
Getting started with S-Doc
S-Doc is the CAAT Pension Plan’s primary method for securely transferring large and sensitive files between the CAAT Plan and employers. Use S-Doc to send files, or request that files are sent to you securely.
The use of S-Doc is mandatory for exchanging files with the CAAT Pension Plan.
Logging in to S-Doc
Access S-Doc using the URL found in the email you received from the CAAT Pension Plan.
If you are a pension or payroll administrator who regularly shares files with the CAAT Pension Plan and you did not receive an email, contact your Employer PA.
- You will be asked to confirm your contact information.
- Create a new, secure password for your account, ensuring that it will be easy for you to remember, yet secure enough that it cannot be guessed.
- Confirm your password and click Save.
The S-Doc interface consists of the following:
- Compose - Create a new secure message and attach files
- Inbox - Shows emails and files you have received
- Sent - Shows emails and files you have sent. Files and emails can also be resent from here.
- Download log - Shows all files you have sent through S-Doc or uploaded directly. Files can be deleted or resent from here.
- Logout – Securely terminate the current session. To access S-Doc after signing out you will be required to log in again.
Send files using the Compose window
Once you log in you will be ready to send files using the Compose window.
- Enter the recipient’s email address, email subject and secure message in the appropriate fields.
- Use “Add File” to navigate to the file on your computer that you wish to send. (Use “Choose from File Manager” if your file has already been saved to S-Doc.) Your file will be uploaded to S-Doc.
- Alternately you can drag files from your computer and into the “Drop files here” field.
- Your file will be uploaded to S-Doc and displayed at the bottom of your screen.
- Select and upload additional files as required.
- Click Send.
- A private message will be sent to the recipient’s email address, containing a secure link to the file you uploaded to S-Doc.
- If the recipient has an S-Doc account, they will be prompted for their S-Doc password
- If the recipient does not have an S-Doc account, they receive a second email with a validation code the will use to authorize their access.
You can send messages up to 100 MB in size. If you need to send larger files or file folders, contact your Employer PA.
Receiving files and secure messages
- If you are sent a file via S-Doc, you will receive an email containing a secure link.
- Click the secure link to access S-Doc, read the message, and download the file.
- You will be directed to open the file or save it to a location on your computer.
You can keep track of sent and received files under the Download Log section of S-Doc.
If you'd like someone to send you a file securely:
- Select Compose
- Click the Request File button in the top-right hand corner.
- Enter the appropriate contact information and message to request a file
- The recipient will receive an email containing a link directing them to S-Doc where they can upload the file and type a secure message.
- You will receive an email notification that the file is ready for you to pick up.
For further assistance using S-Doc, contact your Employer PA.
Previous S-Doc information
Previous information is provided for reference only and may be out of date. Always refer to the most recent documentation for up to date instructions.
September Roundup - September 10, 2015
Effective in late September, we will be upgrading our secure document delivery utility. As indicated in last month’s employer update, current users will be provided with an email inviting you to set up a new log-in account. Expect to receive this email around September 28th.
Employer Update - August 25, 2015
Effective in September, we will be making a change to our S-Doc provider. On or around September 28th, you will receive an email inviting you to set up a new log-in account for S-Doc. We will forward these invitations to any employer who has accessed the current S-doc site since January, 2015. If we missed someone or if you get a new user, please advise your PA, and CAAT staff can then “invite” the new user to join the site.
The new S-Doc will look a little different, but the functionality will be generally the same as you are currently used to. The name S-Doc and the way you access it will also remain the same. Some of the reasons for the switch are that the engine that powers the secure site is more up-to-date and user-friendly than the one we’re using now. There are some additional features will that help maintain the security of document transmissions throughout the entire delivery process. One main reason for the switch is that the new service provider is more cost-effective - as part of our mandate to be fiscally responsible, we are always looking at ways to save the Plan money. Selecting a lower- cost option for sending secure documents, while enhancing security, is one of the ways we can reduce costs and protect the personal information of members.
S-Doc is to be used solely for the transmission of files and documents pertaining to the administration of the CAAT Pension Plan. Files transmitted via S-Doc may contain personal member and beneficiary information, and are to be treated as confidential. S-Doc may only be used for intended purposes and by authorized persons and may not be used to transmit files that are illegal or that may be considered in any way inappropriate.
By logging in to S-Doc you agree that:
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account, and for all activities that occur under your password or account;
- You will notify the CAAT Pension Plan immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security;
- You will sign out of your account at the end of each session;
- The CAAT Pension Plan cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect your password or account information;
- Any material or information transferred via S-Doc will only be used for their intended purposes and by authorized persons