Careers at the CAAT Pension Plan
Our business is sustainable pensions. The CAAT Plan is a modern defined benefit pension plan, highly respected for its pension and investment management expertise and operated for long-term sustainability. Our pension promise to over 46,000 members and 41 participating employers is secured by more than $10.8B in assets.
We recently launched our innovative DBplus pension plan design to give more workplaces the opportunity to participate in a sustainable DB pension plan. If you’re passionate about helping Canadians retire with greater financial security, and you thrive working in a fast-paced environment with a dynamic and highly engaged group of talented professionals, then we’re looking for you!
Are you passionate about helping people retire with greater financial security? Do you believe in the strength of modern defined benefit pension plans? Do you thrive working in a fast-paced environment in a growing organization? Want to work with a dynamic and highly engaged team of talented professionals who are making a difference?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, we are looking for you!
The CAAT Pension Plan is growing as we roll out our new DBplus modern DB pension plan design. Our vision is to provide the opportunity for all Canadian workplaces to participate in a sustainable DB pension plan.
We are looking for an Actuarial Analyst to join a dynamic, fast-paced, rapid growth team.
This role is important because it provides actuarial support to the CEO and other senior leaders. You directly support the growth initiative! You will help develop and use new tools to properly value benefits and measure risks in non-routine situations. You analyze trends and perform various actuarial projections. You will be involved in lots of projects and special activities associated with our growth initiative.
We are looking for someone with the following attributes:
- Familiarity with pensions and pension-related legislation
- Excellent project management, research, analytical, organizational, and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral), including the ability to explain technical concepts simply and clearly
- Detail oriented, comfortable analyzing data, performing calculations and reading pension documents in support of plan mergers
- Exceptional judgement, strong team player, thorough, and logical
- Experience working with valuation and projection software such as ProVal would be an asset.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Problem solver always looking to improve and respond to your clients’ needs
- Someone who thrives in a fast paced environment that changes quickly.
Your university degree in actuarial science, statistics or mathematics and/or College diploma and/or a combination of equivalent training, education and experience make you the ideal candidate. You may also have a designation or equivalent education/experience or be actively working towards your designation.
Your 3-5 years of experience in the actuarial area of the pension industry sets you up for success. You have exceptional Excel skills and you have experience in the development of administrative business requirements.
- You will be an integral part of a highly engaged organization
- You will join an agile team that responds to the changing needs of the organization
- You will lead improvements of existing tools and develop new tools
- You will work in a cross functional team, resolving complex pension related issues and high-risk or complicated benefit calculations
- You will earn a valuable contributory defined benefit pension plan
What does CAAT offer you and what should you know about us?
- We received the Innovation Award in Plan Design and Reform at the Pensions & Investments' 2018 World Pension Summit
- We also received the Pension Performance Award at the Benefits Canada 2018 Workplace Benefits Awards
- We also received an IABC Gold Quill Award of Excellence for the ROM merger.
- We provide a flexible and friendly work environment, a comprehensive health and dental benefits package, life insurance and a Goodlife fitness membership.
- We are conveniently located at the Eaton Center in downtown Toronto with ready access to the subway and PATH systems
If you are interested, please Email email@example.com by November 30, 2018 with Actuarial Analyst in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
CAAT Pension Plan maintains policies and procedures in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities. If you require accommodation, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Human Resources at 416-673-9000. If requested, a documented individual accommodation plan will be developed for you.
Interested in joining our enthusiastic and progressive team?
Email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Be part of the team that's leading the way
The CAAT Pension Plan is an innovative organization focused on helping more Canadian workplaces and their employees participate in a sustainable pension plan.
CAAT has been internationally recognized for its innovation and industry performance, winning:
- The Innovation Award in Plan Design and Reform at the Pensions & Investments' 2018 World Pension Summit, and
- The Pension Performance Award at the Benefits Canada 2018 Workplace Benefits Awards.
Your career with CAAT
- a flexible and friendly work environment
- a comprehensive health and dental benefits package, life insurance and a Goodlife fitness membership.
- the opportunity to earn the valuable defined benefit pension we provide to our members.
- an easy-to access location in downtown Toronto’s Eaton Centre, with access to the subway and PATH systems.
We are committed to our core belief in the power and efficiency of a jointly governed, multi-employer defined benefit pension plan. Our success is built on shared governance by members and employers, and its collective focus on benefit security, stable contributions, and fair treatment of all members. If you’re interested in making a difference in people’s lives, consider joining our team!
Derek Dobson, CEO & Plan Manager
Want to stay up to date on all CAAT Pension Plan employment opportunities? Follow us today on LinkedIn.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the CAAT Pension Plan. We are in the midst of a period of rapid growth, and so may hold resumes for future positions, as they come up. You will be contacted if you are considered for an interview.