Careers at the CAAT Pension Plan
Our business is sustainable pensions. The CAAT Plan is a modern defined benefit pension plan, highly respected for its pension and investment management expertise and operated for long-term sustainability. Our pension promise to over 50,000 members and 47 participating employers is secured by more than $10.8 B in assets.
We recently launched our innovative DBplus pension plan design to give more workplaces the opportunity to participate in a sustainable DB pension plan. If you’re passionate about helping Canadians retire with greater financial security, and you thrive working in a fast-paced environment with a dynamic and highly engaged group of talented professionals, then we’re looking for you!
Print Production Coordinator
Are you passionate about helping people retire with greater financial security? Do you believe in the strength of modern defined benefit pension plans? Do you thrive working in a fast-paced environment in a growing organization? Want to work with a dynamic and highly engaged team of talented professionals who are making a difference?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, we are looking for you!
CAAT is a modern defined benefit pension plan and industry-leading innovator in helping more Canadian workplaces and their employees participate in a sustainable pension plan. We are seen as one of the most successful plans in Canada…and we’re growing!
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Print Production Coordinator to work within our Office Services team. We are looking for a hands-on, technical, motivated, and well-organized individual with experience in printing and coordinating of print production services for in house initiatives.
Reporting to the Manager, Office Services, the incumbent will be accountable for the coordination, planning, managing, direct scheduling, processing and printing of office projects in line with stakeholder specifications, budget, and established timelines.
We are looking for someone with the following attributes:
- A proactive, collaborative team player
- Positive can do approach to work and an interest to learn new technical skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task and shift priorities in a deadline driven atmosphere
- Effective project coordination and time management skills
- Strong vendor and stakeholder management abilities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
A College or University Degree along with five (5) or more years in a print production role make you an ideal candidate. You must also have expert ability within all major Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel and Outlook. Technical experience and familiarity with operation of machines with digital front end and multi-function production & mailing equipment (Xerox digital press and Pitney Bowes equipment) is a requirement.
- You will coordinate, manage, track and prioritize project schedules by providing ongoing communications and meeting project timelines
- You will establish processes to help expedite and improve accuracy on quoting production timelines
- You will implement and electronic tracking system that will provide print production statistics
- You will use your strong technical understanding of Adobe Acrobat Pro to be able to combine or merge PDF files and split a PDF document.
- You will manage large internal and external mailings (up to 30,000 items per mailing), and also the print on demand and day to day production of communications materials
- You will provide guidance, compares costs and evaluates the quality and suitability of supplies, materials and equipment and makes recommendations on process improvements and areas for cost control without reducing quality
- You will correspond with vendors and keep informed of new products and services
- You will work with end users to ensure mailings are fully integrated from the beginning of the process
- You will research, recommend and source qualified and reliable external print vendors to meet CAAT Pension Plan’s business needs
- You will liaise with external print suppliers for any outsourcing production requirements to ensure they meet the organizations specifications and quality standards
What does CAAT offer you and what should you know about us?
- We received the Innovation Award in Plan Design and Reform at the Pensions & Investments' 2018 World Pension Summit
- We also received the Pension Performance Award at the Benefits Canada 2018 Workplace Benefits Awards
- We also received an IABC Gold Quill Award of Excellence for the ROM merger.
- We provide a flexible and friendly work environment, a comprehensive health and dental benefits package, life insurance and a Goodlife fitness membership.
- We offer support for your career development goals
- We are conveniently located at the Eaton Center in downtown Toronto with ready access to the subway and PATH systems
If you are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by May 24, 2019 with Print Production Coordinator in the subject line.
We recruit and select the most qualified candidates, and thank all applicants for their interest but only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
CAAT Pension Plan is an equal opportunity employer that supports abilities and diversity of all kinds. If you require accommodation during the recruiting and selection process, please contact us at email@example.com or call Human Resources at 416-673-9000.
Interested in joining our enthusiastic and progressive team?
Email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Be part of the team that's leading the way
The CAAT Pension Plan is an innovative organization focused on helping more Canadian workplaces and their employees participate in a sustainable pension plan.
CAAT has been internationally recognized for its innovation and industry performance, winning:
- The Innovation Award in Plan Design and Reform at the Pensions & Investments' 2018 World Pension Summit, and
- The Pension Performance Award at the Benefits Canada 2018 Workplace Benefits Awards.
Your career with CAAT
- a flexible and friendly work environment.
- a comprehensive health and dental benefits package, life insurance and a Goodlife fitness membership.
- the opportunity to earn the valuable defined benefit pension we provide to our members.
- support for your career development.
- an easy-to access location in downtown Toronto’s Eaton Centre, with access to the subway and PATH systems.
We are committed to our core belief in the power and efficiency of a jointly governed, multi-employer defined benefit pension plan. Our success is built on shared governance by members and employers, and its collective focus on benefit security, stable contributions, and fair treatment of all members. If you’re interested in making a difference in people’s lives, consider joining our team!
Derek Dobson, CEO & Plan Manager
Want to stay up to date on all CAAT Pension Plan employment opportunities? Follow us today on LinkedIn.
We thank all applicants for their interest in the CAAT Pension Plan.