- Retired Members
- About us
- Annual Report
- Plan history at a glance
- Promoting your retirement security
- Colleges and related employers
- Careers at the CAAT Pension Plan
- Pension Terminology
- Committed to the Environment
- CAAT Plan announces ongoing surplus
Accessible Service Plan
The CAAT Pension Plan is committed to excellence in serving all stakeholders including people with disabilities.
The Plan will ensure that its employees are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by people with disabilities while accessing our services.
The Plan will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
The Plan welcomes people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of the Plan’s premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on the Plan’s premises. Authorization will be required to divulge confidential information in the presence of a support person.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption of the accessible access to the Plan’s premises a notice will be posted. If a person with a disability has made arrangements to meet a Plan representative at the Plan’s office, that person will be contacted directly.
Training for staff
The CAAT Pension Plan will provide training to all its employees.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- The CAAT Pension Plan’s official plan related to the customer service standard
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- How to use the TTY that may help with providing services to people with hearing disabilities
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing the Plan’s services
Plan staff will also be informed when changes are made to this plan.
Persons who wish to provide feedback on the way the CAAT Pension Plan provides services to people with disabilities can do so in person, by email, or by calling or writing the Plan.
All feedback will be directed to the Chief Financial Officer or his delegate. Individuals can expect to hear back within 15 days.
Complaints will be addressed according to the Plan’s regular complaint management procedures.
To obtain the Plan’s documents on Accessibility and for any questions about the CAAT Pension Plan Accessible Service Plan, please contact the Plan at 416-673-9000 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Plan is located at:
2 Queen Street East, Suite 1400,
P.O.Box 22, Toronto, Ontario, M5C 3G7.